Friday, April 3, 2009

The things we do for love!!

Hello all, Kerry Ryan…..

Interesting engagement ring stories always make me smile. I saw where a couple was getting engaged on the Brooklyn Bridge yesterday and the guy dropped the ring which coincidently landed on the lower level so instead of walking to the end of the bridge and taking the stairs the future groom decides to climb down the bridge tower to retrieve the ring!! As they say on TV, “Do Not Try This At Home”. Passing motorists thought the guy was a jumper and kept telling him life was worth living for. I guess he proved his love for his future fiancĂ© as well as flair for the dramatic.

The things we do for love!!

That brings me to my own story (well quite safer and mundane in nature). My wife and I had a favorite pub (the former Joshua Huddy) in town that we would frequent often for a quick bite. My wife Jackie had a few friends who worked there and we were always treated great. Well when I decided to make my wife an honest woman I planned our engagement there. I set it up with her friend Brooke (bartender, we preferred to sit at the bar) to put the diamond ring in her drink and she did just that!! One small issue though she never took it out of the envelope I’d put it in. I did all I could do from bursting with laughter (supposed to be an important moment) as my wife tried to figure out the importance of a coin envelope sitting in her pint glass. Well eventually she opened it and everything proceeded as planned, we now have two wonderful children!


So I invite one and all to share their stories about how they received their diamonds or other items of jewelry. I think it would be fun to bring cheer into your and other lives. There are a ton of interesting stories out there; share them with us on our Facebook page!

Have a great weekend!

Kerry Ryan
Shenoa & Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment